Monday, May 4, 2009

What A Week!!!



It has been quite the week. On Friday my sweet grandma Swallow had a stroke. She was at the temple completing a session and didn't feel well. Things have gone down hill since then and we don't expect her to last long. Yesterday I went up and spent a few hours. It was so sad to see her just lying there. We saw her just a couple of weeks ago at Jame's baby blessing, and then for Easter dinner. She was so full of life then! She and Grandpa are two of the most Christ like people I have ever met. They are absolutely amazing. At 90 they go to the temple 4-5 days a week. They are so happy all of the time. I don't think that in my whole life I have ever heard either of them say anything negative about another person. They have unconditional love for everyone! It is going to be a huge loss...

Another sad thing this week was my good friend Katy had a sweet baby girl on Tuesday. She had Trisomy 13. She lived a short 14 hours before she passed away. I was able to go to the hospital and hold her. She was a little angel and so Precious. I attended the Funeral on Saturday. It was very heart wrenching...

McCall got the flu on Friday night. She is still a little under the weather. I am really hoping that she starts to perk up. We have too much going on.

I also can't believe that it is May already. School is going to be out before I know it. We have a lot of things going on which is good, because Mike is gone so much. I was really depressed when I wrote out our May calendar, looking at how much he is working. He gets about 1 1/2 days off for memorial day and then has to work for 13 days in a row...wow!!! I feel bad for him and worry about him working so much. Luckily it will all be over the end of July! Yeah...

Other then that we are doing well and keeping busy. The kids are fun and loving t-ball and spring weather. I got the garden planted, which was great!

No comments: