Monday, October 26, 2009

Our Sweet Blessing was Blessed~


We had the Blessing for our little Ruby Jean this weekend. She was a champ and was as happy as can be. Mike was stellar and did a fabulous job as usual. It was a wonderful weekend with the Dunn's in town. Grandma Dunn was even able to come up for the occasion. We loved having her join us. The kids had so much fun with everyone around and were so sad to see them leave. The only thing that made them leaving alright was that we all knew that Christopher's mission call was in their mailbox at home. We are anxious to see where and when he leaves. We had another treat of seeing Mike's aunt and cousins on Saturday. It feels like forever since we have seen them.
What a grea weekend!


Ruby... She even graced me with her first "real" smile on Saturday night. She spent most of the weekend cozy in Grandma Patty's arms.


I will attach some better pictures of Ruby's blessing dress. I couldn't find one that I liked so I decided to make one. I wanted something with meaning, so Grandma Midge graciously agreed to let me cut up some very old pillowcases that her mother had hand embroideried. They were beautiful and I was very nervous cutting them up knowing that they were irreplaceable. It turned out pretty precious.
We love our sweet Ruby Jean!!!

1 comment:

ashleydare said...

thanks for posting pictures of little RJ - the dress is adorable! xoxo