Thursday, January 31, 2008

This One's For AMIE...


So I am a Sugar Cookie Nut. I absolutely love them! I am always looking for the perfect cookie and there is none in my opinion that is better than Great Harvest on 2300 East. Now not all locations of Great Harvest sugar cookies are equal. But because they only offer these divine cookies a few times a year, i have been in search of a great recipe. This one is pretty darn GOOD. Amie, You must try!

1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 Cup Butter softened
1/2 tsp. Almond extract
1 Egg
2 1/2 Cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Cream of Tarter

Mix together, cover, and refridgerate for 3 hours. Roll out thick (they don't puff up much but they are incredibly soft) Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes. I took them out of the oven even before they browned. Once cooled and frosted they were delicious!

McKinley with her plate that she decorated. She went a little heavy on the sprinkles. I had to practically rip the shaker from her hand. I think that she would have used them all.

McCall with her decorated cookies. It was a fun after school activity/snack!

I decided to toss this picture in for Katie. She bought McCall these skinny jeans. This picture does not do them justice. They looked SOOO cute on her and fit perfectly. Thanks Aunt Katie!

2 comments:

Katie Dunn said...

Those cookies look amazing...Man, I came by on the wrong day..hehe...The jeans look super cute, I am glad they fit!!

www.amiestarks.typepad.com said...

I am totally going to try that recipe! They look yummy! And for the record, I totally miss me some good cookies from Great Harvest! Actually, there are a lot of yummy treats that you just can't get anywhere else but SLC! Sounds like it's time for a visit! ;)

Thanks for sharing! How many cookies did one recipe make? Send me an email when you think about it.

AS for McCall, we should all be blessed with such a CUTE figure! OMGosh!