Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day...


It is all because of these three little ones that I get to celebrate Mother's Day! They are so fun and such great kids! It is also becuase of these kids that it is 8:15 on Mother's Day morning and I am sitting at my computer with time to blog. Mike had to work last night so he won't be home for a bit. The kids of course were up at 6:30 a.m. McCall was really sweet and wanted me to "sleep-in" Well her intentions were sweet, but that didn't go over too well. She wanted Spencer to come into her room so that she could watch him. Well the second that he realized that he was going to be trapped in a room with his slightly overbearing sisters he screamed and screamed. So that didn't work to well. McCall also wanted to wait for dad to get home so that they could make me breakfast in bed. Well when you are up at 6:30 waiting until after 9:00 for breakfast is just not an option. So I went to the kitchen and made myself a scrumptious Mother's Day breakfast. Hootenanny Pancakes, fresh fruit, and fresh orange juice (O.K. so that wasn't so fresh, but anything but crystal light in our house tastes like freshly squeezed oranges). So needless to say that the dishes are done, the kids are already fighting, changed a poopy diaper, the day has officially begun. I did decide to keep my bed unmade for Mike to make for me. Hopefully he will be home soon so I can pass the little ones over to him. I hope that everyone has a fabulous Mother's Day!!!

I was at the store Friday with Katie trying to get my mom something for Mother's Day, when what beholds my eyes but this great pan. Can I say Happy Mother's Day to myself! This was on the clearance table for $27.00. What a bargain. I love it! I even had to make spaghetti last night so that I could use it! (you know you are sick when you even like to wash it) The only thing that I would change is its color, but it is still stunning. I also picked myself up a 16 quart stock pot in cherry red. It is soooo cute. This was on clearance for $12.00. I set it on my stove and realized how much I am going to enjoy all of my canning this summer with my new red pot! I can just imagine all of the stewed tomatoes, homemade salsa, spaghetti sauce, Oh the possibilities are endless!

Now I need to go and get some cleaning done and get the kids dresses ironed etc. Have a great day!

2 comments:

ashleydare said...

happy mother's day - I hope you had a great day! The picture of the little peps is adorable. Also, I love the new look of your blog; it is very cute. And I love the new pot.

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day Lou! The pictures are adorable (as always) and I love the changes you made to your website. Love the Bean-O story.